[Lazarus] Accessing WinControls from DLL

SteveG steveg at nevets.com.au
Wed Jun 16 05:04:11 CEST 2010

My ERP has an auto-update feature in the main application (called
"rnge2.exe"). The app does the following steps:

1) Check if there's a newer version. The new releases are replicated to
each customer's branch.
2) If there's a newer version, download, md5sum-check and rename to
"rnge2.new"
3) Execute an external application to swap the files; the app renames
"rnge2.exe" to "rnge2.old", then renames "rnge2.new" to "rnge2.exe" and
runs the new version.

Usually the old version's file is locked, so the external application
has to wait for a while until it's released. In my case the app tries a
couple times for it.

--
Alexsander da Rosa
Twitter: @alexrosa