[Lazarus] New website www.lazarussupport.com launched

Doug Chamberlin dougchamberlin at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 00:52:35 CEST 2010

On 6/20/2010 2:45 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
> hummm... maybe it should be a flash animation, then? there are
> thousands of professional and corporate sites that (for some silly
> reason) seem to feel that flash animation is ok :rolleyes:

hummm... maybe there should be NO animation, then?

Point 1: Just because there are plenty of other people doing it does not
make it OK. Witness your eye roll.

Point 2: It is not the technique used that matters. It is the
distraction from the content of the site that matters. Any
animation/playing of video/flash is the problem. It is purely gratuitous
eye candy. Adds nothing of value. Attracts no one. Impresses no one.
Bothers many.

IMHO, the biggest reason other sites have this stuff is they let their
graphic artists take orders from their marketing types and both have too
much time on their hands. There is a serious lack of proper judgment to
be had in business today (world-wide) so please let's not just do what
others are doing or accept doing it because they do it.

Let's try this another way: This new site has just copied the FPC/Laz
site. I've asked that they remove this part because it bothers me.
Others have agreed. No one has yet to voice a different opinion. This
subject has come up before and had similar results bu no changes have
been made.  I brought it up again because I don't think copying this
part of the existing sites is a good idea, especially for a
business/professional site.

Other than the fact the the FPC/Laz community is used to it, and
therefore do not see any reason to remove it, why is it there? What
purpose does it serve on this new site? I'll be the designer just saw it
on the old site and copied it. I'd like to prod them to have a better
reason than that for using it.