[Lazarus] Exists a macro to FPC path to use at fpc.cfg file?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Jun 21 17:08:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>
>> I need use the sources of FPC/Lazarus in external HD. So, the FPC path
>> is changed in differents computers.
>> Is possible to use a macro to point to FPC path (in variable of
>> system) at fpc.cfg file?
>>
>> eg:
>>
>> Instead this:
>>
>> -FuC:\freepascal\fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/
>> -FuC:\freepascal\fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/*
>> -FuC:\freepascal\fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/rtl
>>
>> use this:
>>
>> -Fu$FPCSOURCE/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/
>> -Fu$FPCSOURCE/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/*
>> -Fu$FPCSOURCE/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/rtl
>>
>> I already use the PPC_CONFIG_PATH variable to fpc.cfg file. Would be a
>> variable to FPC path...
>
> If the compiler does not recognize a variable, it will search for it in
> the environment. So all you must do is set the variable in the environment.

Did not work.

I created PPC_SOURCE_PATH variable at the system.
PPC_SOURCE_PATH = c:\freepascal\fpc\2.5.1

In fpc.cfg, I replaced:
-Fu$PPC_SOURCE_PATH/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/

Error on compile. The Lazarus not found the system unit... and I did
not use the macro at Enviroment/Options of Lazarus. I replace only in
fpc.cfg, for now.

Marcos Douglas