[Lazarus] Docking into main window

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 22 08:20:16 CEST 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:51:48 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>
> >> I have both packages installed, and, in fact I can dock the editor to
> >> the main window. The problem is the main window just allows to resize
> >> its height to approx. 100pixels. Imagine trying to edit in a 100pix
> >> height window :)
> >
> > Only one dock manager can be active at a time. Install only one.
>
> The last installed wins ;-)

No, the anchordocking checks if there is already one installed and
does not touch it.
The easydockmgr does not check and replaces whatever is there.
The easydockmgr always wins ;)

> Installable managers should destroy eventually existing instances of
> other managers. This also will solve the problem with a pre-fabricated
> default TIDELayout.
>
> > The anchordocking clears the constraints. I guess you are using the
> > easydockmgr.
>
> The constraints should be set only by the default layout manager. As
> soon as another layout manager is used, no constraints should apply to
> forms.

The docking manager handles Bounds, Align, Anchors, BorderSpacing and
AutoSize. I don't see why it should not also handle Constraints.
At the moment the anchordocking does not yet restore the constraints
on undock. This is a todo.

Mattias