[Lazarus] Cheetah logo - clipart and lineart

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:51:38 CEST 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:00:23 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lazarus IDE is already very generous with errors in code - yet still
> allows syntax highlighting or jumping around inside the code. Can
> Lazarus IDE be improved just a little bit more with Include file
> handling. The tiOPF project (and some of my projects) use include
> files for the Compiler Mode and enabling AnsiString support. If I
> browse such a file, not via a Lazarus Package or not via the Project
> that owns that unit, then Lazarus IDE can't find the include file -
> this is generally ok. Unfortunately this then causes code navigation
> to fail as well. eg: Ctrl+Shift+(up|down) stops working. By simply
> commenting the Include line like shown below allows Lazarus IDE to
> navigate the code again.
>
> Can Lazarus IDE be made to be more lenient when it comes to Include
> files outside the Interface and Implementation sections? Actually just
> ignoring Include files errors when the {$I xxx} is before the
> Implementation section would also work (I think). At least just so the
> code navigation works.

Yes.
A quick fix could be added. So you can right click on the message and
then get some options:

Check configuration
Create file
Ignore/skip
Comment
Remove

I'm not sure what is the best solution for 'ignore'.
Should the Ignore be stored to disk? I fear users will forget that they
defined an Ignore and will wonder why the IDE behaves "buggy". So the
Ignores should be somehow shown at a prominent place.
Any ideas?

Notes:
The Ignore will be defined for the whole directory, not only the
specific file.
Similar can be done for "unit not found".

Mattias