[Lazarus] Store empty string property in *.lfm

theo xpde at theo.ch
Tue Jun 22 13:58:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:00:23 +0200
> Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Lazarus IDE is already very generous with errors in code - yet still
>> allows syntax highlighting or jumping around inside the code. Can
>> Lazarus IDE be improved just a little bit more with Include file
>> handling. The tiOPF project (and some of my projects) use include
>> files for the Compiler Mode and enabling AnsiString support. If I
>> browse such a file, not via a Lazarus Package or not via the Project
>> that owns that unit, then Lazarus IDE can't find the include file -
>> this is generally ok. Unfortunately this then causes code navigation
>> to fail as well. eg: Ctrl+Shift+(up|down) stops working. By simply
>> commenting the Include line like shown below allows Lazarus IDE to
>> navigate the code again.
>>
>> Can Lazarus IDE be made to be more lenient when it comes to Include
>> files outside the Interface and Implementation sections? Actually just
>> ignoring Include files errors when the {$I xxx} is before the
>> Implementation section would also work (I think). At least just so the
>> code navigation works.

I'm all for Graeme's request. It's very annoying that the slightest error
has such consequences.

> Yes.
> A quick fix could be added. So you can right click on the message and
> then get some options:
>
> Check configuration
> Create file
> Ignore/skip
> Comment
> Remove
>
> I'm not sure what is the best solution for 'ignore'.
> Should the Ignore be stored to disk? I fear users will forget that they
> defined an Ignore and will wonder why the IDE behaves "buggy". So the
> Ignores should be somehow shown at a prominent place.
> Any ideas?

Several, in fact:
- Add a menu item in the above list 'Show ignore list';
- And then add a similar button in the Codetools configuration dialog.
- Also, please show these options when you encounter a parsing error somewhere.
- Add a configuration option to code tools 'ignore errors in files not part of project'

The last one is the first I'll use :-)

> Notes:
> The Ignore will be defined for the whole directory, not only the
> specific file.
> Similar can be done for "unit not found".

Why not for the file ? I would expect 2 menu items:
Ignore/skip all in this file
Ignore/skip all in this directory

Michael.