[Lazarus] Anchor-Docking Bugs

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 23 01:00:47 CEST 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:17:07 +0200
Eugen Bolz <info at eugen-bolz.de> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> it is awesome to see that Docking is already "working" :)

There are still a lot todos.

> But I have some Bugs:
>
> Under Windows 7 (also months ago on Vista) the Docking had, and still
> has, these two Bugs:
>
> 1. Just Click, without moving your mouse, on a Docking-Header, after
> that the Desktop gets a 3px height and full length - big Rect (hard to
> explain :( ) which is also shown if you want to dock a form to a
> docking-side

Are you sure you use the anchordocking manager and not the easydockmgr?
The anchordocking has by default a drag threshold of 4 pixel. A simple
click on the header does not start the docking.
AFAIK the easydockmgr starts immediately on click.

> 2. This Rect is smooth in all Windows Versions until Vista/7, in Vista/7
> it is very slow :(

Please report this bug.

> Also found one Bug with the IDE Implementation:
>
> 3. Open the Package-Graph , press ESC, the "normal" Package-Graph Window
> hides, but the Docking Window is still open

I disabled the Escape when in docked state. The hide function for
docked forms is not yet fully implemented.

> For the Bug #2, would it better to use in Vista/7 an empty form with a
> simple color to move to docking-sides instead of this non-filled rect?

The preview dock rectangle should be transparent. Maybe it can be
filled with some transparent color like some linux window managers do. I
don't know if this is possible easily under windows.

> I hope you can understand me .... =D
>
> Anyway if you don't I'll make some screenshots for those bugs ;)

Mattias