[Lazarus] next release date?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 11:38:29 CEST 2010

On 24/06/2010 16:13, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>> I'm not yet sure how to implement docked designer forms. Maybe a form
>> editor window with tabs.
>
> Embedded designers require scrolling and other navigation, when not
> the whole form (or all currently open forms) fit into the docking
> area. IMO it were much more useful to have floating form designers,
> even in a docked environment, with a synchronization between active
> designer windows and the related units. The source code fits almost
> never entirely into the editor client area, so that the user is used
> to scroll through it, while forms should fit entirely at least into
> the screen.

But then you could use the whole client (minus object inspector) area as
designer-dock area:

+-----------------------
+----------------------
| [Notebook Tab Edit Source Dock]  [Tab Edit Forms + OI]
|
| "Dockable Client area"

+-------------------

"Dockable Client area" is tabbed:
- one etab contains:
  ObjectInspector + Form Designer

- Other Tab contains Source Editor

Of course some users will want the delphi way, where each SourceEdit
Tab, has sub-tabs: source / design

Anyway, if each designer is in a tab, then you can drag each tab to
where you want (even mixing them at the same level with source editors,
assuming SourceEditor.pp is extended.)

Martin