[Lazarus] Parser

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Wed Jun 30 23:41:17 CEST 2010

  On 2010-07-01 00:20, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>> Same here: What's wrong with considering, say, a new language back-end (or front-end) much like a new CPU-support?
> As Michael said, it is called "Pascal". Supporting a new CPU does not change this. Adding a C/Oberon/Modula whatever front end simply does not fit into this scope besides the fact that there is not the slightest advantage in doing so.
I am not sure about the 'slightest advantage' aspect: I thought MS sold
the .Net thing mostly on the premise of 'write in the language you're
most comfortable yet share with others you/they find useful'; and it
seems --if it was properly licensed-- it could catch on on other
platforms too.

Having said this, please don't take me as if I am out to
undermine/undervalue your years/decades of work/experience. Nor should I
come accross as if I see an imminent crowd of people dying to take FPC
where no one dared to before --and that you're standing before the onset
of Brave New Word. No, of course, nothing of that sort.

But, I think it would be fair to say this: Rejecting even
ideas/proposals in such a fashion (maybe it's not how you mean it, but
that's how someone like me perceives it) becomes discouraging for the
more tentative.

Cheers,

Adem