[Lazarus] dbl click on a grid

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:42:22 CET 2010

On 01/03/2010 09:00, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 01.03.2010 15:16, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
>>> The delay seems to be caused by codetools loading the files...
>>
>> Why do you think so?
>
> Codetools is an ideal piece of Lazarus to shift the blame on.

I would guess that it is many parts of the IDE.

If you open a project with many open sources (many open editor tabs)
then SynEdit will take it's share of time too. That is at least if the
files are large, since the highlighter scans them all for  their fold
structure.
You could see this on older versions of Lazarus, as each source editor
was shown for a tiny moment, before the next was displayed. The
unnecessary display was removed, the scanning takes still place.

However, this is only a small part of the loading time.

Martin