[Lazarus] Lazarus & MySQL 5.1

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 15:59:12 CET 2010

On 2 March 2010 14:48, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:18:48PM -0600, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
>> I upgraded my laptop to Fedora Core 12, which has MySQL 5.1.42
>> installed.  I have installed the latest Lazarus RPM, which is 0.9.28.2
>> and FPC 2.2.4.  My Lazarus App won't connect to the server.  I have the
>> libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0 installed.  I am not sure where to get the
>> libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0.
>
> Where does ".15.0.0" come from in this discussion? It is a filename that
> seems to have fallen from the air, connecting to nothing ?

I presume it comes from here (in mysql.inc):

  const
    mysqllib = 'libmysqlclient.'+sharedsuffix;
  {$IF DEFINED(mysql50)}
    mysqlvlib = mysqllib+'.15';
  {$ELSEIF DEFINED(mysql41)}
    mysqlvlib = mysqllib+'.14';
  {$ELSE}
    mysqlvlib = mysqllib+'.12';
  {$ENDIF}

This probably doesn't cover all the cases.  Assuming that a specific
client library can only talk to a specific server may also be wrong.
Debian testing also has libmysqlclient 16 and mysql-server 5.1.

Henry