[Lazarus] RFC: remove StayOnTop for splash screen

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Mar 2 17:20:45 CET 2010

On 02/03/2010 15:11, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:50:18 +0100
> Hans-Peter Diettrich<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>  wrote:
>
>> Martin schrieb:
>> With multiple editor windows, the files must be kept (and parsed...) in
>> their own pool, separate from the SynEdit viewers.
>>
> Why do you think this is needed?
> AFAIK I'm the only one that has provided some profiler output and it
> showed that the synedit scanner is not a big number. The bigger
> limitation is the visual controls (pagecontrol, pages).

The files must be parsed (for highlighting) within the overall SynEdit.
But, this parsing must move from the "viewer"/"display" part to the
"content provider" part. Otherwise if you view the same source twice
(and both views use the same highlighter), then the text would be
scanned twice, even though once would be enough.

Anyway, that has been iterated last year, under the topic
Model-View-Controller.... So lets not go there

Martin