[Lazarus] Lazarus & MySQL 5.1

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Wed Mar 3 09:44:00 CET 2010

Hi together!

I'm using MySQL 5.1 without problems on my Linux machine.

>I presume it comes from here (in mysql.inc):
>
>  const
>    mysqllib = 'libmysqlclient.'+sharedsuffix;
>  {$IF DEFINED(mysql50)}
>    mysqlvlib = mysqllib+'.15';
>  {$ELSEIF DEFINED(mysql41)}
>    mysqlvlib = mysqllib+'.14';
>  {$ELSE}
>    mysqlvlib = mysqllib+'.12';
>  {$ENDIF}

The problem is not mysqlvlib as also mysqllib is checked for. The problem is the version string returned by the API. This is checked for in fcl-db/src/sqldb/mysql/mysqlconn.inc/TConnectionName.DoInternalConnect.

Until 5 months ago this only checked for '5.0', but since then (thanks to Joost) it also checks for '5.1'. But I don't think that this is even part of the 2.4.0 release...

You can also view my issue about this topic here: http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14587

Regards,
Sven