[Lazarus] tchart reticule mode

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 01:21:34 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 08:06, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 05:52, Geoffray <jeff.levasseur at free.fr> wrote:
>> Le Lundi 01 Mars 2010 15:24:46, Andrea Mauri a écrit :
>>> dear Alexander,
>>> using the last svn I have problems with reticulemode property.
>>> If I set it to True every time I click on a chart the reticule is drawn
>>> and does not disappear.
>>> To reproduce it just enable reticule mode on a chart with at least one
>>> serie and click on the chart.
>>> Andrea
>>>
>> I have the same bug.
>
> Acknowledged, I will work on a fix in a day or two.

Should be fixed in r23833. Please test.

>> and the reticule is not following the mouse.
>
> That's half-intentional, it seems to me that it would be visually
> confusing to display both reticule and zoom rectangle at the same time.
> So perhaps correct behaviour would be to hide reticule on
> mousedown, and show it again on mouseup?

I experimented a bit and decided that it is visually better
to display, but _not_ move the reticule during the zoom.
If you think some other variant is better or that is should be configurable,
please post your arguments -- I might reconsider ;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin