[Lazarus] last svn error

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:27:13 CET 2010

El 04/03/2010 16:10, Andrea Mauri escribió:
> in the help I found that:
>
> Selected index - number of the row selected for viewing or editing
>
> but in the SetSelectedIndex method the code is related to the columns,
> not rows:

That component is linked to a Dataset, the row is the where the cursor
of the dataset is.
If you move the cursor with dataset.next or dataset.previous, the DBgrid
will show another row selected.The opposite is also true, if you click
in another row in the DBgrid, the dataset cursor will move to that
position. If you mean which row is selected in the graphical grid, that
property must be somewhere deep in the component, it's TCustomGrid
descendant, you know.

In several years working with delphi I have never worried about it, but
about the underlying dataset row. Are you sure you need the number of
row in the graphical grid?

Santiago A.