[Lazarus] Detecting the start of a service and simulate a click in the yes button of its window

"ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody" aro52 at gmx.com
Sat Mar 6 02:02:27 CET 2010

On 5 March 2010 14:24, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's a nice effort, but wouldn't it be better to improve the
> correct control (TPageControl) instead of making the wrong control
> better at what it isn't supposed to do?

Wouldn't it be better to simply have one tab-type component? All
efforts placed on only improving one component?

Say way you want, but LCL is *not* VCL (and will never be), and
everybody has been using non Delphi compatible PageControl & Notebook
control for 10 years now (how ever long Lazarus exists for). So nobody
had issues until I mentioned the duplicated efforts. I think it's more
important in directing the little resources Lazarus team has to make
the components they have more stable. Start by removing duplicate
components. PageControl, TabControl, Notebook - all duplicates one one
or two minor differences. Not enough to justify 3 separate components
which over all do the same thing.

[...I'll continue my other thoughts in a new thread...]

  - Graeme -