[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Samuel Herzog sam_herzog at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 11:28:00 CET 2010

Hello,
I don't think we are in a downward spiral. The number of people constributing to this project is increasing. The core-team get's more patches than it can handle at the moment.

I think the lazarus project needs more people which are allowed to apply patches.
As already said by other's, this year for example Juha got the that level and as I recently noticed, the "Converting area" has improved drastically! Thanks juha.

I usually go through the open tickets on saturday and see a lot of tickets with assigned patches. Some of them are really simple (e.g. change of a string) but they are untouched for weeks/months.

I also see an increasing number of open tickets which are periodically reported and already adressed in bugtracker. As a reporter I can only comment this, but not close or link with existing reports.

About next release 0.9.30: Please address a feature-freeze. Move attached tickets which belong to new features to next release.

0012355: [IDE] Combine the Find dialog and Find in Files dialog to a single dialog

0012294: [IDE] "About Lazarus" menu item should be in the Application menu under Mac OS X

0012828: [IDE] there could be room for separate builds.

0013930: [Patch] New IDE Add-On Package: Opened File List Browser

0015096: [IDE] Search Box preconfiguration - acknowledged.

0015133: [IDE] CHM help integration in IDE fails

Happy coding to all ;-)

Sam

http://mail.yahoo.com