[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Sat Mar 6 12:43:28 CET 2010

Samuel Herzog schreef:
> I also see an increasing number of open tickets which are periodically
> reported and already adressed in bugtracker. As a reporter I can only
> comment this, but not close or link with existing reports.

Thanks. It will be seen when somebody goes through this list and
acknowledges new issues.

> About next release 0.9.30: Please address a feature-freeze. Move
> attached tickets which belong to new features to next release.
>
> 0012355 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12355>: *[IDE]* Combine
> the Find dialog and Find in Files dialog to a single dialog

This was a patch. We want to handle patches asap, at least before the
next release.

> 0012294 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12294>: *[IDE]* "About
> Lazarus" menu item should be in the Application menu under Mac OS X
This was/is a regression, afaik.

> 0012828 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12828>: *[IDE]* there
> could be room for separate builds.

This feature was actively developed

> 0013930 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=13930>: *[Patch]* New
> IDE Add-On Package: Opened File List Browser

Patch, see above.

> 0015096 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=15096>: *[IDE]* Search
> Box preconfiguration - acknowledged.

This seems to be a regression, we try to fix regressions asap.

> 0015133 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=15133>: *[IDE]* CHM help
> integration in IDE fails

Better help was/is one of the main targets of 0.9.30. It may be
postponed, if we want to speedup the release cycle.

Vincent