[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Sat Mar 6 14:14:46 CET 2010

Hi!

> If Graeme had spent his time and effort on helping out in the LCL,
> instead of fpGUI, then the graph would have looked quite differently,
> I'm quite sure.

If fpGui is used as a base for a light native *nix widgetset for LCL, and if
the design change I suggested (in my reply to DoDi) gets implemented, then
Lazarus will be revived (again). :-)
The current bindings will never be good, because of inherent problems. That
doesn't kill Lazarus but it will remain as a freak show case, instead of
becoming a popular high quality application.

I see the quality of Lazarus code is now strictly divided between core
features which is high quality, and the widget bindings which has problems.

What do you think?

Regards,
Juha Manninen