[Lazarus] New Qt bindings

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Mar 7 12:01:10 CET 2010

On 6 March 2010 19:58, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
> have used it on one platform, comfortable with it on another platform like
> going from Windows to Linux or Mac.  I'm sure Graeme will confirm this as I
> think his company's main product fits into the category somewhat.

100% correct.

Most in-house or custom written projects do not conform to the OS
standards in regards to look and feel. Not even mainstream
applications adhere to this. MS-Office, Windows Media Player, Adobe
Lightroom, Apple's Safari on Windows, Apple's Quicktime player or
Windows, Apple's iTunes for Windows any Accounting package on any
platform etc.

Everybody keeps hammering the native look and feel issue, yet it seems
very unimportant to the end-user (Mac OS users excluded). And then I
haven't even mentioned the biggest product of them all, Web Apps! They
run on all platforms, yet their look is consistent across all
platforms and doesn't adhere to a single OS's look and feel. Funny
that, no end-user has problems with that either.

  - Graeme -