[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

David W Noon david.w.noon at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 7 14:11:26 CET 2010

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 10:55:59 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote about Re:
[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?:

[snip]
> Everybody keeps hammering the native look and feel issue, yet it seems
> very unimportant to the end-user (Mac OS users excluded). And then I
> haven't even mentioned the biggest product of them all, Web Apps! They
> run on all platforms, yet their look is consistent across all
> platforms and doesn't adhere to a single OS's look and feel. Funny
> that, no end-user has problems with that either.

I find that a little difficult to believe.  Just using Xfce under
Linux, I can see differences in a single Web application if it is
rendered with a Gecko-based browser or with a Webkit-based browser.
Moreover, I prefer the Webkit rendering, as it looks more native
(Gtk+) and less Mozilla-ish.

Perhaps my eyesight is worse than I thought and/or I am hallucinating.

Dave  [RLU #314465]