[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 18:01:09 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Sunday, March 7, 2010, 10:17:56 AM, you wrote:

GG> Then I guess you hate the internet as well? :)  Gmail, Facebook,
GG> Twiter, etc. all those little web apps that nobody uses an doesn't
GG> adhere to a single OS interface.  Do you now see how ridiculous the
GG> "native look and feel" argument sounds? Just the above three web apps
GG> have probably over a billion users and nobody complains that it
GG> doesn't look like there favourite OS.

Plase excuse my interference, but most web applications are windows
feel and the look is native to the browser in some cases. The usual
example is the combobox selection in HTML. Most browsers try to mimic
its native look in the non special CSSd elements. Even default fonts
are different across platforms. Even there are pages that are render
completly different being browsed from Windows or MacOS, setting
elements in different possitions.

I'm completly unable to understand this fight between native look and
custom look. Special Windows application spend a lot of resources
trying to look completly different that the native look (media player
in example) and others spend resources trying to be as must native as
possible. Each one of them is important in different context. It would
be very difficult to explain to anybody why a notebook application
in windows have big translucent buttons with a fancy glass effect, or
why it is designed with a 12 or 13 pt font when in Windows most users
have a 10 pt font.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun