[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Thierry Coq tcoq at free.fr
Sun Mar 7 18:46:56 CET 2010

Maxim Ganetsky wrote:
> 06.03.2010 22:38, Thierry Coq пишет:
>> As a user, I don't understand the team structure, now how can I report a
>> bug or contribute to its correction? This should be clearer, in my
>> opinion.
>
> That's really strange. Have a look at
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_do_I_create_a_bug_report
Thanks ;-)

This doesn't solve the issue on when this bug will be corrected, what
path will it take, who can correct or test the correction, etc. The
casual (would-be) contributor such as myself seems excluded and not
really wanted. This is a perception that I have, unwillingly.

For the moment, Lazarus is enough for my prototyping, and I'm waiting
for a stable, 1.0 version. Until then, there is no chance as a
professional developer that I could recommend this tool, although it
shows great promise. In the meantime, I develop a few components,
testing such issues such as COM/DCOM and dynamic loading of libraries,
and hoping my code has as few dependencies as possible.

I just hope for the best, and that Lazarus 1.0, stable, will come out.

Best regards,
Thierry