[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:02:43 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 7 March 2010 13:09, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > Can you suggest another interface, that better fits the various widgetset
> > APIs?
>
> Maybe take a look at a widgetset that was designed from the start to
> be cross platform enabled. There are many to choose from. Don't base
> you interface on a very Windows specific widgetset like VCL or the
> Win32 API. And just to be clear, when I say "interface" I mean the
> glue code between the LCL and backend widgetset (gtk, qt, cocoa,
> fpgui).
>
> As far as I understand, the initial Lazarus developers had all
> intention in designing a cross-platform LCL from the start, so common
> sense should have prevailed. So where did they go wrong and decided to
> re-implement the Win32 API and force that upon all other widgetsets?

Designing a cross-platform LCL from the start will take another long time,
if we watch the Lazarus code you can feel it is changed to be as like we
need, they deprecated the Handle of some objects for example.

But i will translate your message, you dislike to see emulation Windows API
functions.

Thanks

Zaher Dirkey