[Lazarus] Problems with accented characters

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 00:18:46 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Sunday, March 7, 2010, 11:57:45 PM, you wrote:

SC> I know this link on the wiki, but it did not really help you solve the
SC> problem in TCustomEdit.
SC> See this demo, I explain it better how to reproduce the error:
SC> http://groups.google.com.br/group/lazarus-brasil/web/be_bug_tests.zip?hl=pt-BR

So your problem is that UTF8Key is not "realtime" modificable as "Key"
in KeyPress event ?

As UTF8Key appears as "var" parameter it looks like a bug to me.

Meanwhile you can use KeyPress to perform the task converting key to
UTF8, perform the changes needed and them convert back to ansi mode.
This way when UTF8KeyPress accepts changed UTF8Key (if it should do
it) you should simply change the routine position and remove the 2
conversion lines.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun