[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Mar 8 08:57:16 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 7 March 2010 20:13, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:
>> Do you want to be the maintainer of the "stable" version?
>

> I wouldn't know how using SVN - we use Git remember. Our method of
> getting a stable version would also probably not be appropriate for
> others. On a serious note, below is what we do, and I honestly can't
> see how this would be done in SVN.

Replace rebase by merge and it works exactly the same with svn: you
branch a new fixes branch and merge all needed feature branches. Though
I think just merging new revision from trunk to the fixes branch is more
svn style. However I consider not merging a feature branch into trunk
but into a fixes branch as a rather chaotic development modell: trunk
should imo contain all working stuff.