[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 08:59:07 CET 2010

Doug Chamberlin het geskryf:
> I have avoided CVS, and so far successfully avoided SVN, because I see
> them as rather old technology. In contrast, Git is an amazingly powerful
> and fresh look at the problem. I'd rather start out using Git. But when

Compiling from source code is really not that hard. It sounds more scary
than it really is. :-) I'v setup several scripts on my system to compile
for example FPC to different targets. As for Lazarus. I normally use the
old executable to compile the new executable.

As for using Git. You are in luck. I maintain the Git mirrors for FPC and
Lazarus projects. More information can be found here:

  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/git_mirrors

Here are some of the scripts I use. Not I use an old stable binary to
compile the new binaries. Start a new thread if you need more information,
or email me in private: graemeg at gmail dot com

------------[ stable32.sh ]---------------------------
#!/bin/bash
#make clean
git checkout fixes_2.4
make all CPU_TARGET=i386 PP=/opt/fpc_2.2.5/bin/ppc386
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc_2.4.1/i386-linux/ CPU_TARGET=i386
PP=/opt/fpc_2.2.5/bin/ppc386

---------------[ stable64.sh ]--------------------------
make clean
git checkout fixes_2.4
make all PP=/opt/fpc_2.2.5/bin/ppcx64 OPT=-gl
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc_2.4.1/x86_64-linux/
PP=/opt/fpc_2.2.5/bin/ppcx64 OPT=-gl

---------------[ trunk32.sh ]--------------------------
make clean
git checkout master
make all CPU_TARGET=i386 PP=/opt/fpc_2.2.5/bin/ppc386
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc_2.5.1/i386-linux/ CPU_TARGET=i386
PP=/opt/fpc_2.2.5/bin/ppc386

As you can see, they are all pretty similar. Converting them to Windows
batch files will also be easy. Only the Linux style paths would need to
changes to Windows style paths.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/