[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:42:34 CET 2010

Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
>> This year I'll be enabling the same for WinXP, Vista, Motif and
>> Clearlooks. WinXP and Motif are each about 90% complete. This should
>> be sufficient to fool most common end-users.
>
> And theme changes are observed in your implementation ?
> Because that is what 'native look' is all about.

By default, using system colors are disable, but I am considering enabling
it for Windows platforms. Once I implemented the Theme Builder application,
any user (including graphics artists) can create themes for fpGUI - without
needing to learn Object Pascal code.

At first, I'll implement the default look/theme of each Windows platform.
These will come standard with fpGUI and will probably be implement in pure
code.

Later I'll created a new theme that hooks into the uxtheme DLL of Windows,
which means I'll ask Windows to paint each widget for me. This will
automatically take into account all custom changes a end-user might have
made to their Windows theme. This is not hard to do, just not a priority at
this point.

The same goes for KDE and Gnome themes. I am considering adding support for
reading the respective theme rc files and trying to match color and
graphics. But first, I'll implement the standard looks in fpGUI, then
expand theming to integration with existing desktops.

Theming to me is only a nice to have, I have more critical features I would
like to implement in fpGUI first.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/