[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:11:05 CET 2010

Marc Weustink het geskryf:
> I don't count you as the average lazarus user. And you clearly didn't
> pickup the numerous incompatibility complains here, or the bugtracker or
> on the forum.

Porting a component to a new development tool chain like Lazarus should
mean making the component platform independent. With that comes the removal
of Win API calls from the old component to the new - this should be quite
logical. If the said developer wants to use Win API calls in a Linux or Mac
apps, they have no business in developing cross-platform applications.

> porting other delphi app a lot easier. So please shut up if you don't
> know where you talking about.

No idea where that came from... but very nice Marc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/