[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Mar 8 13:20:31 CET 2010

Vincent Snijders schrieb:
> Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
>> On 7 March 2010 20:13, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>
>> wrote:
>>> Do you want to be the maintainer of the "stable" version?
>>

>> I wouldn't know how using SVN - we use Git remember. Our method of
>> getting a stable version would also probably not be appropriate for
>> others. On a serious note, below is what we do, and I honestly can't
>> see how this would be done in SVN.
>>

> As Florian said, most if not all can be done with SVN too. But besides
> that ...

It's not a matter of tools but a matter of identifing the good and
mergable patches/changesets/revisions.

But in my eyes, one thing lazarus/lcl really lacks is a good automated
testing system. I know this is not easy for a gui project but I still
think a lot can be done e.g. by replaying recorded events.