[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:29:49 CET 2010

Florian Klaempfl het geskryf:
> But in my eyes, one thing lazarus/lcl really lacks is a good automated
> testing system. I know this is not easy for a gui project but I still
> think a lot can be done e.g. by replaying recorded events.

Definitely!  I was just thinking about this same issue. If I implement
LCL-fpGUI widgetset, how do I know it works? Other than me tinkering with a
small test application. And more importantly, how do I know it works like
the other non-beta widgetsets in LCL?

I remember years back where GTK1 differed from GTK2 and Win32, where events
fired in different orders. This played havoc in our applications. I'm sure
those are already fixed, but such issue could creep back in without anybody
noticing. Some test suite will go a long way in detecting such issues and
allow easier comparison between widgetsets too see at what level of
stability each widgetset is.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/