[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Vladimir Zhirov vvzh.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 07:54:02 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Patches usually linger in Mantis for a reason. There are downsides to
> it, unclear bits, or risks, versionwise.
>
> So this argument is easy to bounce back, it is up to you guys to make
> it compelling to commit them !!

Any idea about how to make it compelling is very welcome. Should I
* use some tags to mark them,
* make thorough comments about implementation,
* clearly state that backwards compatibility is not broken by my patch,
* bump the issue from time to time on Mantis or on this mailing list,
* do wharever else?

Maybe there is a wiki page about how to make patches visible and
compelling to commit?

--
Vladimir