[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 9 11:08:09 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Rigel Rig wrote:

> Maybe people are tired of waiting for a stable version and left. 5-10 years is a long time.:)

Without targeting anyone, but you have touched the root of the
problem:

If they had helped out instead of waiting, the stable version might
have been a reality earlier. There is a dramatic shortage of manpower
for a project the size of FPC/Lazarus. It is open source, and it is
still an unpaid hobby for the core developers.

Many people seem to forget that.

So can we please stop this thread and get back to work ?
Do something we can enjoy, and bring 1.0 closer in the process ?

Michael.