[Lazarus] Wanted: new maintainer for git mirror

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Mar 9 19:48:48 CET 2010

--- El mar 9-mar-10, Cox, Stuart TRAN:EX <Stuart.Cox at gov.bc.ca> escribió:

> De:: Cox, Stuart TRAN:EX <Stuart.Cox at gov.bc.ca>
> Asunto: Re: [Lazarus] Wanted: new maintainer for git mirror
> A: "Lazarus mailing list" <lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
> Fecha: martes, 9 de marzo de 2010, 11:41
> I'm a small time developer whose
> skills at GUI IDE development is meagre at best.
>
> While I didn't make any comments during the time of the
> thread that saw Graeme depart, please forward on my
> apologies and thanks for the efforts, comments and work that
> he's done over time.
>
> It's indeed a shame to lose someone and particularly to
> lose someone over hard feelings and the perception of
> irresolvable differences in direction.
>
> Teamwork and partnerships toward a common goal need to
> maintain respect.  Can the rift be repaired?  I,
> for one, hope so.
>
> Lazarus development isn't a democracy nor is the goal
> defined by any one person.  The goal is elusive and
> being future can't be seen clearly.
>
> I will miss Graeme, can't the rift be repaired, please?
>
> Stu Cox

I'm sorry, from what was shown in public I didn't see anything so grave that would force him to react the way he did. I believe that nobody asked him to leave.

I guess he probably had a bad day and was not in condition to back one step and count to ten. I also cannot understand, at one point he said and I quote "I regard this message thread as a success. A problem, no stable updated Lazarus, is now fixed." then at the next point he left the list.

That can happen when you take things too personally or when you ask for something in the wrong tone or somebody talk to you in the wrong tone and you don't react appropriately.

Personally, I would wished that this hadn't happened but now that it has happened I'm glad that Paul had taken the initiative so nobody can claim the team didn't do anything.

So to all that write here and ask Graeme to return, I would say that probably here is not the right place, please concentrate your efforts and contact Graeme directly and convince him to return. Here he is welcome to come and go as he likes as is any other developer around the world.

That is because it starts to look more and more as if Lazarus team is the bad guy, a thing that I believe is wrong.

Jesus Reyes A.

      Encuentra las mejores recetas en Yahoo! Cocina.
http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/