[Lazarus] Error with "make clean all" after updating fpc to 2.2.4 and lazarus to r23919

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:02:00 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:56:26 +0100
Aleksa Todorovic <alexione at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 20:23, Vincent Snijders
> <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:
> > Aleksa Todorovic schreef:
> >>
> >> Hi, all!
> >>
> >> I'm porting my project from Java to FPC/Lazarus, and work a lot in
> >> Lazarus. I'm used to really great Refactoring features of Eclipse, and
> >> hope Lazarus will have them one day. Now, the problem I have:
> >>
> >> Sometimes, when I try to use Rename Identifier (or Find Identifier
> >> References - it seems like those two features use the same code),

yes

> >> get an error in output window "TCodeToolManager.InitCurCodeTool
> >> MainCode=nil".

It means, the IDE thinks this is an include file and it can not find
the unit, that includes this file.

I improved the error message in svn revision 23906.

> >> Is this known bug, or should I do little more
> >> investigation and report it to Mantis? Note that I use lot of include
> >> files, which probably cause identifier-search engine to go crazy.
> >
> > Do the code tools understand what file included the include file? Does
> > Search -> Goto include directive work?
> >
> > If not, open the main file yourself and try again.
>
> I still get the same error in output window.

You must open the unit and "explore" it. For example press
ctrl+shift+up.
Reason: Then the IDE will parse the unit and thus the include file too.
It will remember this relationship. So you have to do to this only once.

Mattias