[Lazarus] creating a Lazarus package "NoGUIApplication"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Mar 11 17:52:30 CET 2010

On 03/11/2010 05:04 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:41:58 +0100
> Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
>

>> I found that I can link to the Widget Type I want to use by including
>> the appropriate directory ("$(LazarusDir/interfaces/nogui") in the
>> include path.
>>
> include path???
>

>> With that I was able to create an "Application" without doing
>> "new->Application" but by "new->program".
>>
> Means: no LCL.

Yep. But by adding some include paths and ,making up the "project source
file"appropriately  I can create an "application" from scratch, (just to
learn how this works and to allow for debugging the LCL components I
want to modify)
>> So I suppose I can copy "interfaces/nogui" somewhere, set the files as
>> managed by the project, and should be able to debug.
>>
> Yes, but not recommended.

How else debug a certain LCL component ?
> nogui = no widgets = no handles. You can not create forms.

Right now with the pre-alpha nogui Widget Type that is true.
This is exactly what I want to change. I'd like to create a "remote
GUI". I am sure that this is possible, but right now I am investigating
if that is possible by leaving forms (and thus Application) in place and
only do a new "Widget Type" (finally renaming NoGUI to IFI or whatever).
(My first - and working - try was doing an independent implementation of
"Application", but I feel this is much less elegant.)

Thanks,
-Michael