[Lazarus] help with bulletin board software...

Peter Williams pewslinuxvault at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 05:42:43 CET 2010

G'day Dennis,

Back when I was a teenager, in the 1980's and into my 20s in later
years (I was born in 1961), WE (the Williams family) had different
computers to access BBS's. I used many models of Commodores (C=)
starting with the C= PET 4016/32 in 1977 (circa). We moved to C=64,
C=128 and C= Amigas (with 2x HD floppy drives, NO HDD!). Then models
of IBM clone PC's etc.

They were amazing! And had modems (naturally). We used BBS's -- before
the Internet !!!

http://www.masqueradebbs.com/  -- Masquerade BBS.

In the 1980s and 1990s, I personally got to email, chat and know the
man developing & programming the Masquerade BBS... We both lived in
Canberra, Australia. He programmed with Turbo Pascal, then Delphi. The
main features of Masquerade BBS software were the configuration
scripts to be make it look however you wanted it to look. *GRIN* --
very clever!!!

Many BBS packages are written in Turbo Pascal, Delphi & Lasarus. Many
are FOSS. I suggest that you check:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=Bulletin+Board+Software&search=Search

Look for Delphi Open Source (FOSS) packages. Lots of excellent FOSS
BBS's there. I think of the *Time* you'd SAVE !!!

With Luv from PEW ;-)))
XOXOX

With Best Regards,
   PEW { Peter Eric Williams }