[Lazarus] Win32 Swedish Locale "Failed to create win32 control"

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 18:22:36 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

BC> Exception :
BC> TApplication.HandleException Failed to create win32 control, error: 0 : +tgõrden
BC>   har slutf÷rts.
BC>    Stack trace:
BC>    $0055994D  FINISHCREATEWINDOW,  line 225 of win32wscontrols.pp

CreateWindowsExW returns NULL, so an error in the creation of the
control happends, but GetLastError returns zero which usually means no
error :-?

Had you tested your code with heaptrc ? To me it looks like a memory
corruption. I was unable to seen nothing that could be related to
swedish locale, or any other locale. I think that a copy of that
specific form could help, but as the exception appears only in some
"builds" it strongly make me think in a memory corruption.

Which Lazarus and fpc are you using ?

--
Best regards,
 José