[Lazarus] helphtml example

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:08:19 CET 2010

On 16/03/2010 00:40, Brad Campbell wrote:
> José Mejuto wrote:
>> Hello Lazarus-List,
>>
>> Monday, March 15, 2010, 3:52:26 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> BC> Exception :
>> BC> TApplication.HandleException Failed to create win32 control,
>> error: 0 : +tgõrden
>> BC>   har slutf÷rts.
>> BC>    Stack trace:
>> BC>    $0055994D  FINISHCREATEWINDOW,  line 225 of win32wscontrols.pp
>>
>> CreateWindowsExW returns NULL, so an error in the creation of the
>> control happends, but GetLastError returns zero which usually means no
>> error :-?
>>
>> Had you tested your code with heaptrc ? To me it looks like a memory
>> corruption. I was unable to seen nothing that could be related to
>> swedish locale, or any other locale. I think that a copy of that
>> specific form could help, but as the exception appears only in some
>> "builds" it strongly make me think in a memory corruption.
>
> Yes, I test with heaptrc regularly. The thing is this has a couple of
> hundred users scattered around
> the place, but this guy is the only one with the problem and as far as
> I know he's the only one
> using a localised version of windows. I've been through the code in
> the backtrace, and I can't find
> any sane reason either, but I thought I'd ask as I'm not really up on
> win32.
>
>> Which Lazarus and fpc are you using ?
>
> >(I'm running fpc 2.4 fixes branch svn : r14896 and the App was built
> with Lazarus svn : r23855)
>
> I've attached that form for reference if it helps.
>
> Regards,
> Brad

Not sure if it is strictly locale related. I run into the exact same
error/stacktrace today. Happened with lazarus itself (when I tried to
open the "debug /debug output" window (the debug log memo win)).
It happened just once, and I could not reproduce it. It happened after a
long debug session, so it may have been the content of the memo?

Running on an english Windows Vista.