[Lazarus] Newcomers with Debian based systems

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 04:12:07 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Flávio Etrusco schrieb:
>
>> DoDi, what is the Ubuntu version? IIRC in 9.10 installed and worked
>> for me with no major problem... (from Ubuntu's own repository)
>
> That's 0.9.26 only, not what I need today. But I'll give it another try, to
> find out what a newbie will encounter.

I thought it was .28... sorry.
But yes, I think the first situation we need to focus is the "newbies"
one. (And I always thought it "newbee". Firefox corrected me :-$ )
i set up a clean Ubuntu VM for testing purposes; I may set up other distros...

>> I'll install a 9.10 VM image here and see if we can go through the issues
>> :)
>
> I've the same problem with my Ubuntu and Kubuntu VMWare machines: the
> applications use huge fonts, only the most standard items (menus...) come in
> the selected 8 pt. size. But it should be sufficient to figure out problems
> and solutions.  Which virtualization software do you use? I have an old
> VMWare Workstation 4.0 for Linux (32 bit only), but couldn't install it yet
> on Ubuntu.

VirtualBox, of course! ;-)
As I said, never seem the problems you mention. Did you try decreasing
the Fonts' DPI?

Best regards,
Flávio