[Lazarus] Lazarus for IOI

Marco Ciampa ciampix at libero.it
Wed Mar 17 12:55:47 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:23:11PM +0100, tiziano de togni wrote:
> Marco Ciampa ha scritto:
> >Hello everybody,
> hi marco! how are you?
>
> >In practice I would like to set it up in a way to hide all the unused
> >(so confusing) features of this ide. It mean that I would like it to:
> >
> > - open without opening any form windows or bar
> > - hide the forms widtgets buttons/tools bar
> > - open with a very simple project configured with a very simplified
> >   Pascal console program (.pas) without support for any OO thing
> >

> Since 0.9.29 lazarus comes with a package EducationLaz which adds some
> extra option pages to the IDE helping teachers to setup Lazarus for
> students and pupils.
>
> look and read carefully this page:
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_for_education
Read! Veeery interesting...currently downloading Linux/Win32 snapshots...
I can't wait for this option included in the standard version...

> >simply this. Is it possible (and easy) to do it working just on the
> >program (lazarus) configuration in a way that it should be ease to clone
> >on a hundred PCs dual boot (double configuration) Windows & Linux?
> I can't answer for this part... not trivial.
Since, if I have understood well, the package force a rebuild of che Lazarus IDE...
it shold be not trivial to replicate the installation on many PC as in a school lab...right?
How can I replicate the modified files (Windows & Linux examples please...)?

PS: installed the snapshot version...that package insn't there!

--

Marco Ciampa