[Lazarus] Form refuses to display properly under Ubuntu x64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:09:58 CET 2010

This error is being raised using my mouse to scroll to tabs left of
current tab.  I scroll (down) I believe inside the Tabs.

(lazarus:9726): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_is_ancestor: assertion
`ancestor != NULL' failed

Finally, most everything checks out working BUT the following problem:

I have nested tab controls and I'm noticing various GroupBoxes that
are set visible=false but are being displayed at runtime even though
it should not.

cbClusters_ClusterInfo.Visible=false but you can see it through the
GUI (See attachment)

This is a problem b/c the groupbox inside nested
(PageControl/TTabSheet) is part of logic that does not make sense
until GUI is put into edit mode.

Can you find the culprit w/o back-trace or errors being thrown for
this particular problem?  If not, how do we get this problem fixed?