[Lazarus] windres: can't open manifest

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Mar 17 23:58:54 CET 2010

17.03.2010 22:44, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 03/16/2010 12:04 AM, Paul Ishenin wrote:
>> First you need to install fpc >= 2.4.0 on all your systems. There are
>> packages available on fpc site for most of platforms.
> Should I use the svc sources here, too (how to do this ? )
> or should I install a prebuilt packed (for Linux and for Windows) Are
> the "2.4.0" ones in Sourceforge fpc-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.4.0/fpc-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm/download>,
> fpc-2.4.0-1.src.rpm
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.4.0/fpc-2.4.0-1.src.rpm/download>
> and fpc-2.4.0.i386-win32.exe
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Win32/2.4.0/fpc-2.4.0.i386-win32.exe/download>
> the appropriate files ?
You can use 2.4.0 prebuilt packages but there are some bugs with
resources in 2.4.0 which was already fixes in the svn version. So you
can install 2.4.0 and checkout an svn version. Then do "make clean all",
"sudo make install". Depends on your linux you need also to pass install
directory (for make install) or fpc will be installed in /usr/local/lib
> Will I STILL be able to use the Lazarus installation once I updated FPC ?
You are able to use both fpc versions if they are properly installed
(both to /usr/lib or both to /usr/local/lib). You need to pass
PP=/usr/lib/fpc/fpc2.5.1/ppc386 if you want to building lazarus using
paticular fpc version.

Anyway, all that info is available in the wiki. Try to find it.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.