[Lazarus] Newcomers with Debian based systems

Gustavo Enrique Jimenez gejimenez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:24:31 CET 2010

2010/3/18 patspiper <patspiper at yahoo.com>:
> Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>
>> Nonetheless two problems remain:
>> - the help is installed, but into the wrong directory (/usr/share/...)
>> - fpc 2.2.4 is installed, too old when switching to SVN trunk later
>>
>> I hope that the Help issue is fixed soon. Research for SVN and fpc 2.4
>> goes on...
>>
> Debian packages for fpc 2.4.0 exist.
>
> I had to create a repository on my local drive and added it to Synaptic's
> software sources. It wasn't very easy. I learned later on that you could use
> the command dpkg -i *.deb to install packages from the current directory;
> haven't tried it though.

The command (as root)

dpkg -i *.deb

works for me. In 2009 I have had to write this command three times in
a clean Debian Lenny (maybe wrong packages dependencies order). A
month ago the command worked in the first try in a clean Ubuntu 9.10 .
Well, not exactly in the first try, I have had to install *-dev
packages as pointed out by dpkg. But the dpkg's message was very
clear.

Gustavo (excuse my english)