[Lazarus] helphtml example

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Mar 18 20:03:15 CET 2010

On 3/18/2010 13:30, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:57:14 +0100
> Andrea Mauri<andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The find function looks in PATH, on my pc I have rundll32.exe in
>> windows\system32 but PATH environment variable does not include
>> c:\windows\system32, so find function does not find rundll32
>
> Any windows user out there who knows how to find the right rundll on
> all windows platforms?

on default installations i find the following...

win9x   -> C:\windows\rundll32.exe
w2000   -> C:\WINNT\system32\rundll32.exe
vista   -> C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe
vista64 -> C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

i don't have winME, winXP or winCE available to check... i may also not have the
capitalization correct...

i'd say to assume (yeah, i know) that it is in $OS_HOME or $OS_HOME\system32 and
check to see if it is in there... once found, execute as normal... how to
determine what $OS_HOME is is another matter but it, too, should be easy enough
to determine... i'm thinking of non-standard installations where someone might
have used a custom directory instead of the default for the install of the OS...
i know that i've had to do registry work on w2k machines that required a
secondary install to another directory so the registry hives on the broken
installation could be edited and fixed...

HTH ;)