[Lazarus] (how) is it possible to add a new "Widget Type" to Lazarus, using a Lazarus packet ?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Mar 23 13:16:21 CET 2010

On 03/23/2010 12:44 PM, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> This is not possible at the moment.

That is really bad news :(.

How to proceed ?

I think a package can add a directory with files.
I do know that I can add a "New->xyzApplication" Project Type by doing a
Package.
I suppose this Project Type can define compiler options.

Maybe I can set the compiler options in a way that the new Application
uses the directory created by the package for the used "hidden" Widget
type ?

In the end I would be happy if the new Widget Type could be included in
the distribution standard and that the appropriate parts of the source
code (i.e. the event queue implementation) could be modified in a way
that it can be used by both the new and the standard widget set.

What do you think ?

-Michael