[Lazarus] clForm vs. clBtnFace - All forms needs updating (IMO)

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:11:43 CET 2010

On 03/24/2010 05:50 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Michael Schnell schrieb:
>
>>> That looks like a misplaced fpc source directory. The RPMs put fpc
>>> into /usr/lib/, the source erroneously into /usr/shared/.
>>>
>> Right ! two different versions of FPC 2.4.0 were installed :(. Works
>> now. Thanks !
>
> Can you please post what you did,

Situation before starting:

 - Suse 11.1
 - fpc 2.2.4 installed from RPM from sourceforge
 - Lazarus 0.9.28.2-beta installed from RPM from sourceforge

Wanting to install the latest "released" Lazarus from the RPM
 - not possible due to broken RPM file in sourceforge

Now Wanting to install the current (FPC and) Lazarus from svn
 - installed svn
 - loaded fpc sources (Rev 15031)
 - loaded Lazarus sources (Rev 24168)

Compiling FPC 2.4.x needs FPC 2.4.x so
 - installed FPC 2.4.0-1 from sourceforge
 - "make clean all" in the FPC svn trunk creating "Free Pascal Compiler
version 2.5.1 [2010/03/23] for i386"
 - "sudo make install" in the FPC svn trunk
 - this installed the new FPC in the wrong place, so that the PATH
pointed to the the old fpc 2.4.0-1
   and seemingly Lazarus used part of same even it I set the path to the
new compiler correctly
 - after some more testing and asking in the forums
 - "sudo make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr" in the FPC svn trunk seemed
to install fpc 2.5.1 correctly, including the correct file /etc/fpc
 - "make bigide" in the Lazarus svn trunk
 - started Lazarus
 - removed installed additional packages
 - "tools" -> "configure build Lazarus" -> "Clean up and build all"
 - Lazarus seems to work as expected

> or add your problem-detection-solution to the wiki?
Please do this for me :)

> I'm just collecting all details about possible installation woes, so
> that nobody else will have to ask the same questions over and over again.

GREAT !
> Herefore the exact steps to spot and solve the problem are required.
> E.g. on Ubuntu I found no simple way yet, to move the misplaced
> sources to the right directory - dunno how to do this in a console or
> script :-(

Seemingly on SUSE the FPC RPM uses a different install directory than
the fpc make default. I feel that this is not a good idea.

Moreover the Lazarus RPM is broken. Maybe this could be fixed.

Thanks !
-Michael