[Lazarus] debugger crashing on OS X

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun May 2 00:35:55 CEST 2010

John Stoneham wrote:

> Yes, that is really the last line. There is no further output in the
> window. However, if I run "startlazarus" from the command-line, there is
> a tiny bit more, plus showing when i tried to stop the debugger (the
> first line here corresponds with the last line in the debug output window):
>
> [Debugger] Log output: &"ptype TObject\n"
> [WARNING] Debugger: Execution of external command "-data-evaluate-expression %s" while queue exists

:( this is indeed a reason for the debugger to stop.

When I initially made the interface to gdb, I designed it such that
multiple commands could be send to the debugger. While gdb was
processing one command others could be added to some command queue.

While implementing the various parts it became clear that the result of
such command was needed in context of such part. For instance evaluating
a variable requires more than one call to gdb.
Having a queue with different callbacks for this would make the code
unneeded complicated. On second thought the queue wasn't really needed.
So I limited it to allow only one command.

What happens here is that somehow a external (==user triggered) evanuate
expression is run while while <ptype TObject> is still being processed.
This should not happen. Do you have other debug windows opend like
watches, locals or breakpoints. Do you have a mouse hovering over some
variable ?

Marc