[Lazarus] debugger crashing on OS X

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Sun May 2 01:11:14 CEST 2010

> What happens here is that somehow a external (==user triggered) evanuate
> expression is run while while <ptype TObject> is still being processed. This
> should not happen. Do you have other debug windows opend like watches,
> locals or breakpoints. Do you have a mouse hovering over some variable ?

Ok, I ran "startlazarus" from the command line, loaded the "bare-bones"
project, selected "build all", then "run". No debug windows were open, and I
made sure the cursor never went away from the Run menu, and no breakpoints
were set. The project app did not run. I then tried another "run" command
from the menu -- nothing. So I did the "stop" command from the menu. Below
is the console output from the first "run" command which was followed by
another "run" and then a "stop":

TMainIDE.DoInitProjectRun
ProgramFilename=/Users/obijohn/projects/fpc/testprojects/project1/project1
[TCmdLineDebugger] Debug PID: 47911
TGDBMIDebugger.ProcessResult Error: ,msg="No symbol table is loaded.  Use
the \"file\" command."
[Debugger] Running GDB version: 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1461.2)
[TDebugger.SetFileName]
"/Users/obijohn/projects/fpc/testprojects/project1/project1.app"
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] B TGDBMIDebugger
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END
TGDBMIDebugger.StartDebugging
WorkingDir="/Users/obijohn/projects/fpc/testprojects/project1/"
TGDBMIDebugger.ProcessResult Error: ,msg="No symbol
\"FPC_THREADVAR_RELOCATE_PROC\" in current context."
[Debugger] Log output: &"info functions FPC_CPUINIT\n"
[Debugger] Log output: &"set width 50000\n"
[Debugger] Log output: &"info address main\n"
[Debugger] Log output: &"ptype TObject\n"
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] A
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] B TGDBMIDebugger
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END
TDebugger.ReqCmd Command not supported: Stop ClassName=TGDBMIDebugger
TDebugger.Stop Class=TGDBMIDebugger failed.