[Lazarus] spinedit and combobox on linux

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu May 6 01:38:41 CEST 2010

Andrea Mauri schrieb:

> ok, found. the character map application has a spinedit. I tested it and
> the cursor is crIBeam on the editbox and crArrow on the arrows of the
> spinedit.
> Now I noticed that an analogous behaviour can be observed with
> TCombobox, on windows you can see both cursor (arrow and IBeam) while on
> Linux only arrow (default behaviour on gtk2 is the same as tspinedit
> (IBeam and arrow)).

These are basic composite components, consisting of multiple controls -
at least on Windows. Each of these controls has its own cursor shape,
that should be used in the GUI. Other widgetsets may have different
implementations, with different cursor assignment and handling.

It's questionable whether such composite controls should have a Cursor
property at all, and if so, it must be defined to which of the embedded
controls the Cursor override should apply.

DoDi